**Written for blog of Hostel 24**
Working in a Hostel is the best job I have ever had in my life. Meeting people from all over the world and new things happening every day make the job exciting and never boring.
Receptionists meet a lot of new people on every shift. And the result of that are many funny and interesting stories and conversations with the guests.
This is the list of 10 funny Hostel stories. Enjoy!
- A guest came to the reception and asked which day is today. Receptionist replied that it’s the 30th of March and he said: ‘’ Oh, really?! It’s my birthday!’’
- Guest who reserved a room is calling the reception about the reservation – 2 nights for 5 people in 12 bed dorm room.
Guest: ‘’ So I just want to let you know that we are 10 people coming. We will sleep 2 people together in one bed.’’
Receptionist: ‘’ Sorry, but unfortunately that is not possible.’’
Guest: ‘’ But we are friends. We sleep together.’’
- A guest calls hostel in Canada and asks: ‘’ Do you accept American dollars or only euros?’’ ….EUROS!!! IN CANADA!!!!!
- Guest: “Excuse me, do you have a bucket?“
*red flag alert on my head for puke-related issues”
Receptionist: “There is one in the room, why?“
Guest: “For shower…“
- Guest: “I need your help. I’m looking for a street.”
Receptionist: “Ok, what is the name of the street?”
Guest: “I don’t know. But there is a hotel near-by. I want to meet a friend there.”
Receptionist: “A hotel… ok. What is the name of the hotel?”
Guest: “I don’t know. How should I?”
Receptionist “Didn’t your friend tell you any name?”
Guest: “No, he didn’t. It is your job to tell me about it. You work at the reception!” And runs away…
- Guest answer to our question about arriving time: “My approximate time of arrival is 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. If I don’t show up during this period of time, I might just be late.”
- Young family arrives with 3 kids (2 boys and a girl). When they checked in the receptionist asks the father:
Receptionist: ‘’Do you want me to help with the bags?’’
Guest: ‘’Don’t worry we have the kids for that.’’
- Receptionist got an e-mail from the guest at 2 a.m.: ‘’We are locked in our room. The key will not turn again to open the door. This has never happened to me before. I considered climbing out the window but it appears to be too far up. Not a joke. Please help.’’
- Guest was turning off all the lights in the hostel. Even the reception light! The reason he gave was: ‘’We must save eletricity.’’ Receptionist: ‘’But I’m working!’’
- Guest: ‘’ Hello, could I get another key for my room cause I threw it accidentally in the Trevi Fountain with my coin?“
If you have any funny stories from staying at the Hostel share it with us!