I’ve been thinking a lot latety. What would be the right thing to do? Take a risk or not?
No matter what your dream, don’t dismiss it. If there is something in your gut telling you that this is what you want to do, you owe it to yourself to, at the very least, acknowledge it and think about it.
Dump the doubt, silence the sceptics, be fearless and take the first step.
18 reasons why you should ignore everyone and follow your dreams (by globetrackers.com):
1. The only “yes” you need to follow your dreams is yours.
2. You’ll regret it later in life, and if you’re delaying it, you’ll question yourself why didn’t you do it sooner.
3. Not following your dreams makes you feel unaccomplished. Eventually, this will stop you from dreaming altogether.
4. It will attract some attention, even from the naysayers and haters. You will feel strong as you prove the naysayers wrong. As Walter Bagehot said; “The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.”
5. People who follow their dreams are doers. Doers have more power to create, influence, and change their environment… and eventually the world.
6. Life feels more memorable, hence you feel and become more memorable.
7. Following your dreams might take unexpected turns, but those are the interesting and memorable challenges of living the dream.
8. Those challenges will help you grow as they make you step out of your comfort zone.
9. Dreams make you take chances, but chances can bring more opportunities.
10. Afraid about it? Good. Being afraid makes you feel more alive, so smash through that brick wall of fear. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Elbert Hubbard once said, “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
11. Your dreams and your actions define you. Don’t let others define you with what they tell you to do and not to.
12. You will inspire other to follow their own dreams, even if they know nothing about you.
13. Following your dreams makes you interesting.
14. There are no rules in life so why limit yourself to what everybody else is doing?
15. Accomplishing your dreams will spark even bigger dreams.
16. You feel you have something more to live for.
17. Even if your dreams fail, you’ll feel proud you gave it your all to accomplish them. Dreamers fail every now and then, but they also learn more in life. You learn from failure. So, dust yourself off and try it again.
18. It’s your life, live it under your terms!